Thursday, August 12, 2010

My first word book!!

Here is my very first ever word book!!  It is not exactly how I wanted it, but it turned out OK.  It wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought it would be.  I haven't done one before, because I was a little intimidated, but no need!  Once I got flowing, it was so much fun!!  I designed it on my Gypsy, using Plantin Schoolbook, Heritage, George, Lyrical Letters and PDDU.  A little overkill, but it was my first one..lol.  It was a lot of fun to do.  I cut the book pages first out of miscellaneous chipboard that I have stored up, and then cut the papers, using the same file.  Exactly the same size!!  Who knew how easy it would be.  Of course, there is always some filing to be done for the rough spots, but I inked the edges with military blue, since it is for my niece, she is having a baby boy.  Thus, the word BABY on the first page, and KYZER, (the babies name) on the 2nd page.  I didn't really care for the rocking horse after it was done, but live and learn.  Thanks for looking! 
 PS.  It is not a great picture.  Sorry!  I didnt take one of the completed project.  I had my niece send one!

10 comments:

  1. I think you did an awesome job.....congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Great job on your first word book! I am going to have to look at my heritage cart again;that rocking horse is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Wendy. Your niece must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice! No such thing as "overkill" as far as I'm concerned! ;-)

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great job, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice you did a nice job tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed! I haven't attempted a word book yet, but want to try...not sure how to do it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea--I have to friends that are expecting girls in the next few weeks and this is a great gift idea!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! This is awesome! Thanks for the comment on my blog and I just became a follower of your blog--hope you can return the favor, so we can stay in touch1

    ReplyDelete